Three Francistown youth have vowed to sue the minister of Youth Sports and Culture (MYSC) for rejecting their application for government business sponsorship over defamatory information and fabrication of reasons.
The three – Malebogo Wilson, Amantle Mompati and Tshiamo Morobosi – who stormed The Midweek Sun offices recently threatened to also sue the embattled Francistown Regional youth office. The trio said that they applied for an Arts and Culture grant whose deadline was August 31st.
Wilson had applied for an awards grant to be named Francistown Hairdressing and Marketing awards only for her application to be turned down with a “defaming regret” response. According to the document produced by Wilson, MYSC Francistown Regional office said she had not serviced her Youth Development Fund when the opposite was true.
She said that when her grace period elapsed at the end of July this year, she immediately started repaying her loan from August and September 2015, but was never given a receipt for her payments. “When I received the letter that my application was turned down, I was furious and approached the regional office only for the District coordinator to apologise. She however did not approve my application,” she said. Since her application was turned down, her mother allegedly no longer talks to her as she believes her to have defaulted on her YDF.
Wilson said that the defamatory response by MYSC has divided her family until she went and demanded the August and September receipts which were only issued to her in October. She vowed to leave no stone unturned until all responsible officers at MYSC Francistown are brought to order.
Another applicant Tshiamo Morobosi told this publication that he applied for an arts grant in the Track and Field category only to get a response that his application for Music Recording and Production Sales has been turned down.
“I was taken aback as I have never applied for such. This clearly shows that MYSC Francistown fabricated information to reject my application without going through it. This is something they later admitted. They disclosed that the reason for turning down a large number of applicants to accept only five was shortage of funds,” he said.
Mompati a former employee of MYSC in Francistown is also taking government to court for rejecting her application for funds over defamatory reasons. After quitting she applied for the grant using references from MYSC only to be told the references were irrelevant as they had nothing to do with matters of the youth. She is suing the Ministry because she says they wasted her time.
Meanwhile, the Francistown Youth District Coordinator, Minkie Bokole admitted knowledge of the complaints but claimed ignorance about the legal suit. “If they want to sue my office, they will bring such correspondences to our notice when the time is ripe,” she said refusing to answer any more questions pertaining to the complaints of the concerned youths as she argued the whole thing was an internal matter.
Church distances itself from Pastor who livestreamed his suicide
Head Pastor at Metsimotlhabe Holiness Union Church France Koosimile has distanced his church from Phenyo Godfrey who committed suicide live on social media a week ago. Speaking to this publication this week, Koosimile said Godfrey was never a Pastor at Holiness church as assumed by many.
Godfrey, who goes by the name Bishop P Godfrey on social media, allegedly shot a video of himself committing suicide on Sunday evening. According to a few friends and those close to Godfrey, the deceased was from Molepolole and has been identified as a pastor at Holiness Union Church in Metsimotlhabe.
On the evening of Sunday last week, he went live on Facebook and proceeded to put a rope around his neck. He was seen in the short video hanging by the neck until he took his last breath. TO READ THE FULL STORY, BUY THIS WEEK’S (11 August 2021) PRINT EDITION OF THE MIDWEEK SUN AT A STORE NEAR YOU.